Applying for Membership
(Please see below for Professional Grade entry requirements.)
|** Technician Member – TnIDHEE||Annual subscription £62.00 [€90.00]|
|Domestic Energy Assessor – EAIDHEE||Annual subscription £62.00 [€90.00]|
|** Associate Member – AMIDHEE||Annual subscription £62.00 [€90.00]|
|** Technical Sales Member – TsMIDHEE||Annual subscription £75.00 [€100.00]|
|** Member – MIDHEE||Annual subscription £75.00 [€100.00]|
|** Associate Fellow – AFIDHEE||Annual subscription £89.00 [€120.00]|
|Fellow – FIDHEE||Annual subscription £89.00 [€120.00]|
|** Application fee £40.00 [€60.00]
Upgrade fee £20.00 [€30.00]
|The amounts above are for payments by cheque or credit/debit card.
Payments by Direct Debit are slightly lower due to reduced administration costs.
Student, Graduate and Affiliate grades also exist for those on an educational path to professional membership.
Members of long standing who have reached retirement but wish to remain members become Companions of the Institute.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE Entry Requirements:
Technician Member – TnIDHEE
To qualify as a Technician Member you will:
- be engaged in domestic heating or environmental engineering and will have completed an Institute approved educational course,
- have passed such other alternative examination as the Executive Council may approve as equal and exempting therefrom.
Domestic Energy Assessor – EAIDHEE
To become an Energy Assessor Member you need to:
- be a qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor,
- commit to continuing your professional development within the industry’s energy and allied sectors.
Associate Member – AMIDHEE
To become an Associate Member you need to:
- be able to demonstrate that you possess competent knowledge and adequate experience in domestic heating or environmental engineering,
- have been engaged therein in a position of technical responsibility for a period of not less than two years and be engaged in domestic heating or environmental engineering at the time of your application,
- have attained the Institutes Associate Membership entry examination,
- hold such qualification as the Executive Council considers equivalent and thereby exempting from the Institutes Associate Membership entry examination.
Technical Sales Member – TsMIDHEE
To become a Technical Sales member you shall be:
- engaged in sales or marketing of domestic heating or environmental engineering equipment for not less than three consecutive years,
- able to provide evidence of extensive product familiarisation and application courses relevant to employment in the industry.
Member – MIDHEE
To qualify as a Member you will:
- be able to prove that you possess comprehensive knowledge of and considerable experience in domestic heating or environmental engineering,
- have been engaged in a position of responsibility for a period of not less than five years and be so engaged at the time of your application,
- hold such qualification and/or be an elected member of an approved professional body.
Associate Fellow – AFIDHEE
To upgrade to Associate Fellow you will:
- already be a Member,
- have submitted proof of specialist knowledge and experience in domestic heating or environmental engineering,
- have held a position of responsibility within the industry for a period of ten years,
- have spent three of those ten years in a position of superior professional responsibility for the decisions made by your department or firm.
Transfer to Fellow – FIDHEE
In general the grade of Fellow is only granted through particular recommendation of a candidate being brought to the notice of the Executive Council.
To reach the highest grade of membership you will need to:
- already be a member,
- submit proof of exceptional ability and outstanding merit in the profession and industry of domestic heating or environmental engineering,
- be invited to upgrade by a member of the Executive Council.
NON-PROFESSIONAL GRADE Entry Requirements:
To become an IDHEE Student Member you need to be:
- engaged in domestic heating or environmental engineering in a technical, commercial or practical position as an apprentice or trainee.
- a student, trainee or similar who is, or will be, following and approved course of study.
To enter as a Graduate you will:
- have completed an Institute approved course of education.
- have been actively engaged in domestic heating or environmental engineering for not less than three years in a technical, commercial or practical position, and can demonstrate you are making satisfactory progress in the acquisition of qualifications towards entry as Associate Menber or Technician Member.
- have satisfactorily completed an Institute exempting examination. (Such graduate members are entitled to immediate upgrading to Technician Member on the subscription renewal date).