The IDHEE is an independent non-profit making professional body serving the Domestic Heating Engineer for more than 50 years. Founded in 1964, the Institute aims to promote energy efficient domestic central heating components and the installation of safe and efficient systems.
Supporting Innovation, Protecting the Environment
- We are dedicated to raising standards and comfort without detriment to the environment.
- We are opposed to any conduct that prevents innovation or progress.
- We promote Higher Standards: enhancing our environment.
- Our aim is to promote continued improvement in standards, and be professional in the specialist field of central heating and environmental engineering.
- Senior, long serving, members of the IDHEE will offer advice to members, especially during the heating design distance learning course.
EXTRACTS FROM THE BYELAWS OF THE INSTITUTE
The Aims and Objects of the Institute are:
- To Promote the advancement of the science, practice and business of domestic heating and environmental engineering and the like in all its applications and aspects both in relation to the perfection of its methods and the extension of its services to the Community.
- To improve and elevate the technical and general knowledge of persons engaged or about to engage in domestic heating and environmental engineering and all allied Technologies and to make available information on technical problems related thereto. To devise and provide means for testing the qualifications of Candidates for admission to membership of the Institute by examinations in theoretical Technology and Design practice, and to grant scholarships, exhibitions, prizes or medals and certificates or diplomas of membership to the successful candidate.
- To encourage invention and research in the science, technology and practice of domestic heating and environmental engineering and allied Technologies and to arrange for the carrying out of such research on behalf of specific members at such terms as may be expedient.
- To record and classify information in respect of particular items of equipment, materials and plant relative to domestic heating and environmental engineering and to make such Information available to members by co-operating with manufacturers of such equipment, materials and plant.
- To record and classify information relating to services rendered by members of the Institute and by the maintenance of such records to effectively be of assistance to the general public by bringing to their notice the merits of the members.
- To promote means for communication and to facilitate the interchange of information, views and ideas on all matters of common interest in the sphere of environmental engineering and allied technologies.
- To exercise professional supervision over the members of the Institute and secure for them such recognition of their professional standing as may assist them in the discharge of their duties.
- To do all such things as may be incidental or conductive to the attainment of the foregoing objects or any of them.